Recently I’ve been thinking about our wedding and even though we initially planned on having a huge wedding I wouldn’t mind a much smaller more intimate event. Personally I would love to take advantage of the Disney Wedding Escape package and have our wedding ceremony and intimate reception at the Disneyland Resort.
I have always dreamed about getting married at Disneyland. It holds such a special place in my heart and feels like home. It meant the world to me when Justine proposed at the front gates while my family surrounded us. We originally planned on having Disney/Disneyland be the theme of our wedding but as time has progressed and my lovely mother found out about the Disneyland Wedding Escape package available @ the DLR in Anaheim, CA. Just look at the Wedding Garden (above) where we could have our ceremony!
There is another wedding ceremony site (above) called the Adventure Lawn Gazebo that I nearly swooned over when I first seen this photo. I can just see Justine and I now standing in front of the gazebo, her looking handsome as ever while I cry uncontrollably.
With the package you get a two tiered wedding cake which is baked the decorated by top of the line Disney Pastry Chefs. Absolutely adorable. I would smash that cake into Justine’s face in a heart beat.
Disney has you covered with a few floral arrangements for the bride/groom (other bride in our case), maid of honor & best man. Seriously, I can’t get enough of this stuff. Disney has me on a string wrapped around Mickey’s fat gloved finger.
Here are the details that absolutely had me sold:
- Weddings are planned no more than 6 months in advance.
- Ceremony locations available: Wedding Garden, Brisa Courtyard, and the Adventure Lawn Gazebo.
- Ceremony & Reception Times Available: 9am, 10am, 11:30am, 5pm, 7:30p
- Guest Allowance: 20 people maximum including bride & groom (other bride in our case)
- Extras included: Bride bouquet, Groom boutonniere, two-tiered wedding cake, champagne or sparkling cider, music (cd), personal wedding website, Limousine service for 4 hours, a violinist for ceremony and isle walk, 2 hours of professional photography and a Jasmine wedding album, a wedding planner, and a three course plated meal.
- Music: A CD player is provided by Disney to play your own music or you can use the Disney-themed music provided. Otherwise for an additional cost you can enhance your wedding package with a DJ, vocalist, guitarist, harpist, etc.
- Beverages/Bar: Additional beverages, including a hosted or cash bar require an extra fee.
- Cost: $5,000 for ceremony & reception (plus whatever enhancements added)
- What you can’t have with an Escape Disneyland Wedding: the Crystal Coach, the Rose Court Garden, your own cake, or 21+ guests.
I’m trying to convince Justine that we need to get in on this outstanding package and have a larger “reception/party” for the rest of our friends and family the following weekend. That way we can have our cake and eat it too.